step 1. What is NSLDS? The National Student Loan Data System (NSLDS) is the national database of information about loans and grants awarded to students under Title IV of the Higher Education Act (HEA) of 1965. NSLDS provides a centralized, integrated view of Title IV loans and grants during their complete life cycle, from aid approval through disbursement, repayment, deferment, delinquency, and closure.
2. Exactly what are the supplies into guidance stored about NSLDS databases? Information and data for NSLDS is received from the following sources:
- Warranty Organizations, getting information regarding the newest Government Loved ones Student loan Program (FFELP)
- Agency from Student loan Servicers (ED Servicers)
- Agency away from Training Commercial collection agency Functions (DCS), for information regarding defaulted money stored by Company off Degree
- Head Mortgage Maintenance (DLS), to have details about Government Head College loans
- Prominent Origination and Disbursement (COD), to own Government Offer Apps guidance
- Conditional Impairment Release Tracking Program (CDDTS), to possess handicap loan information
- Main Processing System (CPS), to have services applicant suggestions
- Schools, for details about Government Perkins Financing System, pupil subscription and you can aid overpayments.
step three. How frequently ‘s the suggestions and you may research up-to-date to the NSLDS system? Schools or their servicers report Perkins loan information monthly. Schools or their servicers report overpayments within 30 days of discovery of the overpayment. The DCS and DLS report information weekly. COD reports information daily on Pell, IASG, SMART and ACG grants. Schools and guaranty agencies also report enrollment at least monthly.
4. Must i upgrade financing guidance and private identifiers online? For almost all users, the answer is ”No.” Schools do not have the ability to update loans or personal identifiers online. However, limited users from a GA can update loan related information online.
Only study company normally revision mortgage associated suggestions, usually because of its typical submittals to NSLDS
5. Just what area of the web site must i use to match the Body weight requirement? The FATs (Financial Aid Transcripts) are no longer a requirement. With postscreening and the introduction of the transfer monitoring process, schools are no longer required to respond to requests for paper FATs.
6. How to strongly recommend developments or transform to your site? We encourage your comments. Please call the NSLDS Customer Support Center at 1-800-999-8219 Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 9:00 pm ET or email us at
For a particular company’s loan revealing schedule, identify the firm with the Analysis Provider payday loans odessa tx Plan hook towards the the fresh new Org case
7. Whenever ‘s the NSLDS website readily available? The NSLDS web site is available from 6am Monday (Eastern Time) to 7pm Saturday. Typically, the site is also available from 7pm Saturday to 5am Sunday and from 11am Sunday to 6pm Sunday, although outages may occur for system maintenance.
8. How can i contact the latest NSLDS Customer support Center if I am a foreign university? The NSLDS Customer Support Center may be contacted by phone at 1-800-999-8219 or by email at
nine. Is the site safe? Yes. The first step is the use of a secure browser such as Microsoft Internet Explorer versions 11.x or above. Certain browsers and certain computers have the ability to communicate securely by scrambling the information as it passes across the Internet. The method of communication is called SSL, or Secure Sockets Layer. We require the use of a secure browser before a connection can be made to NSLDS. After you reach us using the secure browser, the information is also scrambled again to ensure only authorized NSLDS users can read it. The security of the system should always be your number one priority.